31 Mar 23ELITE and WTC Lisboa launch an International Academy to support Portuguese companies DOWNLOAD PDF
- WTC Lisboa joins ELITE in its journey to grow and globalise SMEs, with the sponsorship of BBVA and the support of the Portuguese Family Businesses
- The new Academy marks the implementation in Portugal of ELITE, the Euronext network dedicated to fast-growing private companies
- The launch paves the way for the first group of Portuguese companies to join the ELITE community in H1 2023
Lisbon – 31 March 2022 – Euronext, the leading pan-European market infrastructure, today announced the launch of the World Trade Center (WTC) Lisboa International Academy by ELITE. The project marks the first step of the implementation of ELITE, the Euronext network dedicated to fast-growing private companies, in Portugal, as a part of Euronext’s commitment to SMEs.
WTC Lisboa International Academy by ELITE is a programme organised and managed by ELITE leveraging on over ten years of international experience in supporting private small and medium sized companies to access skills, network and capital. The World Trade Center Lisboa will promote this initiative under his pillar Business Club and the International Trade committee. The content of the programme has been designed and defined by ELITE, based on its own methodology already tested on more than 2,000 companies internationally, and on content and experts provided by the NOVA Business School. BBVA, a customer-centric global financial services group with a strong presence in Iberia, is associated with this project as a sponsor. The Portuguese Family Businesses joins this initiative as an ambassador to create a bridge between family-owned companies and international markets.
The WTC Lisboa International Academy by ELITE will be delivered through:
1. Three core modules (two days each, making a total of six days) run in Portuguese at the NOVA Business School premises and with a faculty based on academics and professionals. These will be supported by the Strategy in Action tool to help the companies build a real and detailed strategic plan over the course of the three modules;
2. A calendar of four international workshops, one per quarter, supported by ELITE partners across Europe, deep-diving into different topics. In 2023, the planned workshops will cover Internationalisation (Lisbon, March), Entrepreneurship (Amsterdam, June), Sustainability (Paris, September), and Capital Markets (Milan, November). These workshops are open to the entire ELITE community and aim to train companies on the topics above, while providing a forum for international networking across Europe;
3. Mentoring: high-touch regular contact to assess and debate on each company’s priorities while supporting them to develop an action plan to implement the key actions defined.
4. Funding options: support on choosing best funding strategies based on each company characteristics
The launch of the WTC Lisboa International Academy by ELITE is the first step of the broader expansion of ELITE in Portugal and across Europe. The international expansion of ELITE is part of Euronext’s “Growth for Impact 2024” strategic plan
Download the pdf to read the full press release